Friday, April 4, 2014

First week of the settlement

It has been about a week since the original plan to construct a new empire was announced. In that week, a very brave team of capsuleers have been recruited to lay down the foundations for this new empire. A lot has happened and many ships have been lost in the darkness of space, but we pioneers will keep pushing towards accomplishing our goals. The current status with the local pirates is pretty mixed, there are times when they actively hunt us and others where we can freely mine in safety. They just might help this young corporation harden up and learn to survive against the many dangerous and ruthless enemies we might face in our future.
 



One common question asked to us pioneers is what should we bring to join your settlement? To give a good example of what to bring, I will go over what I and several of our members have brought with them. I started the same way I did when I settled alone in the Aridia region, it worked really well for me there. I brought a single Venture-class frigate fitted with a couple of tech 2 modules and drones to be able to quickly gather my first mineral supplies. In the cargo hold of the Venture-class, I carried with me many blueprints for ships which I believe would benefit in the area of space where we would settle. The ship blueprints I brought over for our settlement in Solitude, included a Venture-class frigate and all Gallente frigates. I also brought blueprints that then compliment these ships which include mining lasers, blasters, armor, drones, ammunition, and various other blueprints for exploration and other jobs.

Now for what some of our other members brought which include some different methods. On the very challenging side, some members brought nothing but a starter ship. I wish those very brave members good luck! Some other members decided to target the side of PvE, bringing their preferred frigate sized combat vessel to combat the local Serpentis pirates. They trade their ability to mine early for the very valuable profession of gathering items dropped by pirates. Those items possess stronger stats then the current items we would be able to build as well as sometimes containing the very valuable mineral megacyte. The most common ship brought over by members is the Venture-class frigate, which I personally believe is the best ship to bring. The Venture-class ship has the innate ability of escaping danger as well as mining a lot of ore required to build more ships. These abilities help the early pioneer to quickly mine enough ore to build their next ship as well as a chance to escape threat in low security space. On the blueprints brought over, many members have chosen to bring their favorite ship blueprint as well as some ammo and modules for the ship. Gallente related blueprints like ships and blasters are not required to be brought over because near by stations seed them. So for those interested in joining us but unsure of what we do, check out my earlier entries for when I settled in Aridia. You may also read from other fellow pioneers on their blog listed on the side to learn what they might of brought and what they have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment